Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Enjoy the TRIP











Ok... I am just so excited to explain what you have just experienced as you scrolled down the page. You may feel like you have entered an hallucinogenic state or perhaps a look into a psychosis disorder but let me just assure you this is one hell of an installation that I would LOVE to experience in person! So the artist of the amazing work is Heike Weber. I am not sure what must have gone through her mind for her to come up with this idea but since I have not mentioned yet, I am bursting to say the medium she used! First she took acrylic floors and walls and with permanent marker created a design full of flow, rhythm, and craziness. When I sit back and admire the uniquely "repetitive" installations I can only image, how many markers did one wall take Weber? Better yet, how long could this have possibly taken? I felt like this was an appropriate topic for my blog. One of our discussion that we have covered in class installations. To better understand, this is a perfect example of what an installation is. It does not have to a have a direction, or a literal understanding. Most times it is extremely conceptual and it creates an experience that is hard to forget but one that would never be fully appreciated without witnessing it in person!

Photo provided: http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/2XdmEb/bumbumbum.me/2010/04/21/heike-weber-installations/

No comments:

Post a Comment