Monday, January 31, 2011

Louis XV canopy chair

Bergdorf Goodman, NYC



Bergdorf Goodman, NYC Kelly Wearstler




 Restoration Hardware

 Interior Design Magazine
Restoration Hardware Closeup

Viceroy, Anguilla


thebellacottage.com


As I continue on with my education through SCAD, I have come to the realization that taste really does change over time. The first time I ever laid eyes on the Louis XV Canopy Chair, you could not convince me to use this chair even in an imaginary space. As I have grown as a student and a designer, my taste has began to develop, grow and change.... and I never thought I would be saying this..... but I LOVE THIS CHAIR!! There is such elegance about the shape of the chair. There is a romantic and sexy feel to it with the comfort and private feeling it creates with the canopy wrapping back. The enclosure of the chair works perfectly for a placement that two chairs are to be facing one another. Another arrangement would be having two chairs caddy corner to one another. Also, having just one to had character to a room creates a great detail piece. These are great for conversation, even more, they are great conversation starters. These chairs have soft curves with cabriole legs and generally a neutral fabric and paint, however, I am very attracted to the modern application of this chair. The example in particular is the all white leather and white painted frame with the tufted back. Ahhhh canopy chair.... how I love you so!
I take NO credit for these photos

No comments:

Post a Comment